|Location||Saint Petersburg, FL|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2018|
Job Summary:Seeking an extremely motivated Full Stack Java & Angular (JS/2/4) Developer for PCG Wealth Management Technology group, an extremely high growth area within Raymond James Financials. In addition to the technical knowledge and tools, candidate must be a self-starter with the ability and desire to operate independently with minimal management supervision.
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
- Responsible for the development of re-usable services (using Java, Hibernate, Spring) , user interfaces (Angular 2+, CSS, and HTML), unit testing, and code reviews.
- Participates in Sprint Planning, Tasking and Estimation of the assigned work.
• Monitors java applications, middleware processes and their platforms, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment and monitoring error logs.
Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
• Occasional non-business hour work requirements for deployment, patching, or other updates. Skills:
- 5+ year experience as Java developer in Financial Services industry
- 3+ year development experience in Java multi-threading and design patterns
- Extensive application of object oriented design concepts, data structures, algorithms
- 2+ year development experience with Spring framework
- 3+ year development experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- 2+ year development experience in design and development of restful services
- 2+ year experience of software development in Agile setup using Continuous Integration
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle for Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think out-of-the box
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with end users, ability to engage users and strong desire to drive business solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve system issues
- Candidate who is looking for growth potential and has a sense of eagerness
- Experience in supporting java/angular financial web applications.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry is highly preferable.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3 – 5) years of related experience in
developing applications or combination of education, training and experience.