|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
(No C2C / W2 Only)
OUR LOGISTICS CLIENT is looking for an Angular/Node JS Developer with hands-on experience in all aspects of Node JS and Angular web development and implementation.
This Candidate will be a member of a small Agile development team, focusing on the development of solid and well-documented web-based software while participating in all activities of the software delivery lifecycle, including analysis and design. This is a contract to hire position.
- Author unit tests in a TDD development environment.
- Functioning within an Agile software development environment to help deliver quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Interacting with end users, management and developers to determine the best user experience for our customers.
- Using customer and management feedback effectively while improving the existing project.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
- 3 or more years of experience working in an AGILE development environment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills that promote team building, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work activities in a way that promotes meeting deadlines and project expectations.
- Ability to work within a small, close-knit Agile Development team.
- Serve as a SME (subject matter expert) on Node JS, Angular 2+ and REST API development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for team and client collaboration.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years actively coding in Node JS and/or Angular 2+ for web application development.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) or at least writing substantial unit test coverage.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience writing and calling REST based services.
- Must have experience developing web applications that use relational databases. (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience using NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB
- Experience or exposure to Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Extensive experience with TDD using Karma, Jasmine or Mocha + Chai.
- Familiarity with Node ORM libraries such as Sequelize
- Working knowledge of TFS/Git.
- Experience with CSS/Less or responsive UI design/development.
- Deep understanding of backend micro service architecture
- Experience using and authoring npm packages
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience converting VB.NET applications to Node.js or Angular.
- Hands-on experience using AWS and cloud application development practices.
- Familiarity with serverless web architecture and design practices
- Experience using AWS Aurora
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.