|Date Posted||February 20, 2020|
(W2 Only / No C2C)
Position: Angular/Node JS/Full Stack Developer (Senior)
Duration: 12 month contract to hire
Location: Alpharetta, GA (2 days REMOTE - Monday & Friday)
OUR CLIENT is looking for an Angular/Node JS Developer (Senior) with extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of Node JS and Angular web development and implementation. This Candidate will be a member of a small Agile development team, focusing on the development of solid and well-documented web-based software while participating in all activities of the software delivery lifecycle, including analysis and design.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Applying expert-level knowledge and experience in Angular 6+, Typescript, and Node to create best-practice and well-documented business applications.
- Author unit and integration tests in a TDD development environment.
- Hands-on experience using AWS Serverless microservices and cloud application development practices.
- Author tests in a TDD development environment.
- Functioning within an Agile software development environment to help deliver quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Interacting with end users, management and developers to determine the best user experience for our customers.
- Using customer and management feedback effectively while improving the existing project.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 5 or more years of experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills that promote team building, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work activities in a way that promotes meeting deadlines and project expectations.
- Ability to work within a small, close-knit Agile Development team.
- Serve as a SME (subject matter expert) on Node JS, Angular 6+ and REST API development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for team and client collaboration.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years actively coding in Node JS and/or Angular 6+ for web application development.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) or at least writing substantial test coverage.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years' experience writing and calling REST based services.
- Must have experience developing web applications that use relational databases. (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Must have at least one year of working with AWS Architecture (Serverless).
- Experience or exposure to Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Extensive experience with TDD using Karma, Jasmin or Mocha + Chai.
- Working knowledge of Git, SQL, MySQL or Aurora.
- Experience with CSS/Less and responsive, multi-platform and multi-device UI design/development.
- Hands-on experience converting VB.NET applications to Node.js and/or Angular.
- First-hand experience working with ElasticSearch
- Telecommute options on Mondays and Fridays
- Flexible work hours
- Relaxed, business casual dress code (jeans are allowed)
- Small office and development team
- Opportunity and flexibility to be creative and effective on fast-paced projects
- Possible permanent position at the end of the contract term
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.