|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
Software Developers wanted for Clothing Retail company in Fairfield, IA!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Andrea Silberberg
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
A bit about us:
We are a specialty retailer focusing on clothing and accessories made from the finest sheepskin, various leathers, and other durable materials. We have seen steady growth, now with over 16 stores around the country and a thriving web business, and is fast outgrowing its internal management systems, such as inventory, warehousing, purchasing, shipping, point of sale, and omnichannel order fulfillment.
As a result, we are replacing the existing software by building an in-house solution hosted in the cloud and delivered over a standard browser. Being a part of this project will provide a major opportunity for the right candidate!
Job type: Full-time
Role: Frontend Developer, Full Stack Developer
Industry: Clothing Retail
Company size: 200-250 people
Company type: Private
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Azure DevOps
- Agile Scrum
Why join us?
- Health benefit package
- 401K, co-supported by the company
- Generous time-off package
- Small town environment with large town amenities
- Strong and varied community cultural programs
- Possibility of working remotely for the right applicant (partial remote/flex scheduling)
The position is responsible for the coding, design and layout of a new Angular-based website. The application will be an Azure implementation hosted in the cloud on IIS and SQL Server. The role includes understanding the back-office functions of the company and providing both user experience and functionality that are on-target, efficient, pleasant to use, secure, and reliable. A certain level of visual design sense is required, as well as sensitivity to human factors, and a knack for simplifying the user’s view of complex tasks. The successful applicant will be heavily involved in the development of the web site but will also assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the application long term.
It is anticipated that this could eventually become a leadership role, managing both the project and its developers as the company continues to grow.
A successful applicant must have experience in the planning and the delivery of web applications across multiple platforms and:
- Writing efficient code
- Enhancing a website using modern development practices
- Working closely with other programmers to produce a successful web application
- Maintaining constant communication with business colleagues to develop and deploy their content
- Clearly establishing what can be created within what timeframe
- Experience with C# and .NET – minimum 5 years hands-on development experience
- Experience with SQL Server – minimum 1 year
The following are desired:
- Prior experience designing and implementing WEB API’s in C# on a Microsoft platform
- Previous experience creating unit tests and end-to-end tests on an Angular front end
- Prior experience in a retail company is a definite plus
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- A history of working in Agile collaborative processes like Scrum
- Any prior role as a Technical Lead or equivalent in a software development project
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.